LabVIEW Basics - 05 | Dataflow
LabVIEW uses a Dataflow model for executing code. In a LabVIEW application, a block diagram element can only execute after receiving data for all required inputs. When a block diagram element executes it can return data which in turn 'flows' to other block diagram elements. This Dataflow is used to control program execution.
- A block diagram element can only execute after receiving data for all required inputs
- Block diagram elements typically have input terminals on the left and output terminals on the right.
- This helps organize code such that data 'flows' from left to right.
- Block diagram elements with no data wire between them to force execution could execute in any order.
- It's common to use an error wire to connect block diagram elements in order to ensure the desired execution order.