LabVIEW Basics - 13 | Modular Code
Creating modular code makes applications easier to develop, debug, and maintain. In this section we'll learn about Sub VIs.
- A Sub VI is a chunk of reusable code.
- Data is passed into and out of a Sub VI using terminals.
- Create Sub VI terminals by connecting front panel Controls and Indicators to the Connector Pane.
- Sub VI Icons help keep code easy to read and maintain.
- Use the VI Properties to add context help to a sub VI.
- Click File»VI Properties or Ctrl+I then select documentation.
- To place a custom Sub VI on the block digram:
- Select Functions Palette»Select A VI and select the sub VI
- Click and drag the VI file onto the block diagram.
- Add code comments by double clicking anywhere on the block diagram.