04 | Raspberry Pi Setup
This tutorial describes the process of setting up a Raspberry Pi as a LabVIEW target using LINX.
- Raspberry Pi 2 or newer.
- Raspberry Pi 1 and Raspberry Pi Zero are not supported due to their older CPU instruction set.
- Download a Raspbian image
- LINX was developed using Raspbian Jessie.
- Unzip the Raspbian image.
- Download and Install Win32 Disk Imager.
- Use Win32 Disk Imager to load the Raspbian image onto an SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the Raspberry Pi.
- Connect ethernet to the Raspberry Pi
- Power on the Raspberry Pi.
- Note: The next step requires that the RPI has SSH enabled, however as of November 2016 Raspbian has SSH disabled by default. Manually enable SSH by following these instructions.
- Launch LabVIEW and open the Target Configuration Wizard from Tools»MakerHub»LINX»Target Configuration.
- Enter the Raspberry Pi's Hostname or IP and a username and password with root privileges and click connect.
- Default Hostname is 'raspberrypi'.
- Default Username is 'pi'
- Default Password is 'raspberry'
- Click the Install Software tab.
- Click Install.
- Review any warnings and complete the installation.